Real World Cube Design and Performance Tuning with Analysis Services
18th June 2013 - 20th June 2013
Who is it for?
This course aimed at intermediate-to-experienced Analysis Services developers, looking at more advanced cube design topics and query performance tuning.
What you will learn
- Designing a data warehouse for use with Analysis Services
- Dimension design: designing optimal attribute relationships, when to use parent/child hierarchies and ragged hierarchies
- Complex cube modelling: multiple measure groups with different dimensionality and different granularities, many-to-many dimensions
- Securing your cube: administrative security, dimension security, cell security
- Productionisation: understanding processing options, scheduling processing and partition creation, maintenance, monitoring and deployment
- Understanding Query Execution: SSAS Architecture, using Profiler, Monitoring your Cube
- Query Performance Tuning – the storage engine: partitioning and aggregation design
- Query Performance Tuning – the formula engine: writing efficient MDX, tuning calculations and queries
- Tuning Processing
- Scale-up, Scale-out and hardware configuration for SSAS
You'll gain a deeper understanding of Analysis Services cube design best practices, and be able to design cubes and tune queries to achieve maximum performance.Cost: ££749 to February 28th, £799 after that +VAT
Chris Webb is the owner of Crossjoin Consulting, and is a consultant specialising in Analysis Services, MDX, PowerPivot and DAX. He is a co-author of "Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services: The BISM Tabular Model", "Expert Cube Development with SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services", and "MDX Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 and Hyperion Essbase", and blogs at http://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/
LocationLMG Training and Development
15 Risborough Street
Cancellations must be submitted in writing, either via email or by post. Registrants whose cancellations are received at least 2 weeks before the beginning of the course are entitled to a full refund minus a £80 processing fee plus any credit card charges incurred. No refunds will be given to registrants who cancel less than 2 weeks before the beginning of the course or who fail to attend.
In the extraordinary case where the course is cancelled a full refund will be given to all paid registrants. Crossjoin Consulting will not refund any other amount paid by registrants to other companies, including travel expenses and hotel reservations.
Chris Webb's Introduction to MDX course was well-run, informative and good value. It gave me a good understanding of the key principles and ideas and how to apply them to real world situations. It was great environment to learn in, with Chris giving excellent practical exercises and having the depth of knowledge to answer to any group questions.